Hours & Holidays
Opening hours. The Clubhouse is open from 9:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday and from 9:30am to 1:00pm on Saturday
Closing days. Here is the list of closing days for holidays:
- January 1: New Year’s Day
- April 21: Maundy Thursday
- April 22: Good Friday
- May 1: Labor Day
- June 29: St Peter & St Paul's Day
- July 28: Independence Day
- July 29: Armed Forces Day
- August 30: St Rose of Lima Day
- October 8: Battle of Angamos
- November 1: All Saints’ Day
- December 8: Immaculate Conception
- December 24: Christmas Eve
- December 25: Christmas Day
- December 31: New Year’s Eve
South American Explorers was founded in 1977 and its first clubhouse was created in Lima, Peru.
Our clubhouse is a center of information:
You will find tons of guide books – including our own!!, information sheets about various aspects of traveling (transport, night life, adventure sport, SAE´s top ten of things to do in Lima), members written trip reports, knowledgeable staff, reference maps, a library with some real gems, a collection of the South American Explorers Magazine, wifi access and more!
ROOMS FOR RENT
The clubhouse provides housing for members to make the most of and is a home away from home; a place to offload and upload, to share a cup of tea and conversation, catch up with family and friends, read a book...
And we rent out rooms to our members on a minimum 14 days basis.
- The Lima club has 7 rooms in total with the cheapest rooms starting at $270 per month (photos of these rooms are at the bottom of the page).
- The club has a Laundry area, members library and living room with cable TV, 2 shared bathrooms, 2 wi-fi connections and Kitchen.
- Members can store luggage at our clubhouse to ease the travelling, use our mail address as a safe address to receive packages and letters
(Important: we recommend that you put your own name followed by our address and leave out SAE and/or Lima Clubhouse in the address when sending something that you want to pick up at the clubhouse in Lima),
- Use the clubhouse as a work or study space and to plan travels.
- Our Magic Jack phone provides free calls to the US (except Alaska) and Canada.
- Check out our events program!! Everyone is welcome.
We also want to hear from you, so feel free to email us with questions and ideas for events.
Participating in our events is a great way to meet people and learn more about the Peruvian culture.
The clubhouse is a great place to socialize and network with other expats, travellers and Peruvians. So do come by!
Enrique Palacios 956, Miraflores
(+51-1) 4453306 ; 4477731
S 12° 7' 1.31" W 77° 2' 19.03"